Complimentary Coaching Session for a limited time! What do you want to bring forth in 2019? When you envision your future what do you see? In coaching you get an opportunity to give voice to your dreams, craft your goals, determine what you need to make them happen and take action toward them.
To get you started I am offering you a complimentary coaching session. Use either of the links below to contact me to schedule your free coaching session. Act quickly because this offer expires on January 5, 2019. https://shellyoconnell.com/contact/ https://www.facebook.com/coachingbyshelly/
Clarity comes with a bird’s-eye view,
Here our minds are cleared of cobwebs too.
Freedom soars on eagles wings,
Recall anew the hope this brings.
Traveling through this sacred flight,
We gain the restoration of our sight.
Above it all we will rise,
Led by that which is truly wise.
Now lift your brooms into the sky,
Come my friends, its time to fly!
Within each of us lies a mighty lion who is fierce and has unwavering strength. This is the aspect inside of us that knows what is right for us. It is the one that stands and fights for us. Equally it holds our ground against any threat. We call upon this inner lion whenever we move toward our desires.
At times we may not recognize the innate confidence that we hold. Our lion may be sleeping or caged. Not to worry because it is possible to awaken it and set it free.
Calling forth confidence or your inner lion is a process of tuning into what you want. Not what anyone else wants. Not what you think you should be doing. In fact, not any measure other than your own.
During this process there will be things that you let go. That’s okay because you are making room for what you really want.
Once you’ve tuned in to what you want you can begin to make a plan to support you and your goals. Small, realistic, achievable steps bring those goals into reality. Yes, there will be some false starts and errors made along the way but there will be successes too. It is all a part of learning to call forth your confidence.
Your lion is waiting.
Past trauma can be triggered by different things. If yours is showing up or you are feeling overwhelmed here are some self-care tips to employ.
- Emotions are normal. It’s okay to feel and express your emotions. It may be that they are an appropriate response to an inappropriate situation. Let them out in ways that are not harmful to you or others. Crying, screaming, drumming, pounding your pillow, dancing while stomping your feet are great ways to let some of that emotion out. Once emotions are allowed to be expressed we may feel a bit better. The release and expression of emotions are needed and healthy.
- Pause, breathe and check with your self about what you need. Do you need rest, food, water, to be unplugged for a while, time in nature, exercise, spiritual nourishment? What? When you recognize what you need in the moment, do it. Don’t put it off, take time to do whatever your self has told you it needs.
- If you feel like this is trauma that needs to be heard; talk to someone like a trusted friend, self-help hotline or professional. If you are not ready to talk about it and you don’t have to talk about it unless you want to, you could write it down and then tear it up. Sometimes buried or suppressed trauma needs these things but only when you feel you are ready.
- Be kind and gentle with yourself. Recognize that your emotions and reactions may be sensitive and you may be more reactive than usual. That is normal when emotions and trauma have been repressed and are now triggered. Don’t be too hard on yourself and know this will pass as you express the emotions and care for yourself.
- Speak up. Let others in your life know that you are sensitive. You do not have to explain any further than that unless you want to do so. Say what you need and don’t.
- Retreat. If you need time alone, take it. Doing what is right for you includes time to be on your own if that is what you want.
- Honor what is right for you at this moment. It may change with each expression of emotion or trigger of past trauma. Go with what you need now.
- You are not alone. There are people who love you and people who understand that past trauma can be triggered. Reach out if you need help with what is happening and with what you are feeling.
- Recognize that you are so much more that the past traumatic event. You have many tools and resources both within you and at your command to assist you now.
- Notice one small thing to pull you into the present moment. The wonder and beauty of nature are great tools to use here. Being in the present moment is helpful in remembering that the traumatic memory is in the past.
I hold you in love and compassion as you express care for your self. – Shelly
The goals that you have can be realized. They require a specific plan, commitment to action and some accountability to take them from a wish to actuality.
Coaching helps you to get clear on your goals, create realistic, achievable plans of action and has accountability. The coaching relationship allows you to see yourself more clearly while offering support and a process toward bringing your goals to fulfillment.
Interested? Contact me at: https://shellyoconnell.com/contact/ or via my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/coachingbyshelly for a complimentary coaching session.
Standing still for a moment and looking around there is a field of infinite possibilities. Do you know where you are going or do you let the wind of the day pull you along hither and yon? Having a plan can get you to where you want to go and help build the life you dream of having.
If you do have a plan ask yourself some questions, such as: Am I excited about where this plan is taking me? Do I pause to take a look around and notice what is happening in the day? How open am I to new possibilities? Is my curiosity and enthusiasm present? What are the steps I am taking today?
If you don’t have a plan to create the life you want, ask yourself questions like: How is this going for me? Did the day bring me closer to the life I want to live? Do I know what I want? How might my life be different if I had a plan? Am I willing to do the work to build a life that I want to live?
Either way, plan or no plan, as adults each of us is driver in the vehicle of our life. Where are you going?
If you need assitance with these questions I offer life coaching services to assist you with: life design, resilience, healthy relationships, boundaries, self-care, awareness & use of personal wisdom, and goals specific to you. Visit me at https://www.facebook.com/coachingbyshelly/ to learn more.
Often the word surrender is interpreted as quitting or giving up. While it can have that connotation in a siege it has other meanings when it comes to your life. For example, have you ever felt like you were struggling uphill with an impossible load on your back? What if you let some of that stuff you’ve been carrying go? Or perhaps you are doing everything you can to met other people’s agendas. Maybe it is an agenda that they have for your life and you want to please them but the cost to you and your well-being leaves you drained, empty and probably resentful. What would happen if you opened up to whatever uplifts you?
Surrender in these terms is not a passive, “I give up.” Rather it is a conscious and deliberate awareness to take action in your life. It is getting honest with yourself about what is not supportive to your happiness then being open to reframing things or letting them go. At the same time it is vital to notice and then embrace whatever nurtures and uplifts you. In this way surrender becomes the first step in creating a pathway to a life that you love.
As you start and move about your day include some ways to show your appreciation for your self. Take some time to really treasure the uniqueness and wonder of the creation that is wholly, individually and intrinsically you and you alone. It’s a revelation and marvel when you do.
If you are like most of us this is a foreign concept. We are taught to care about others, the environment, our relation to the whole, our impact on the world, etc. Those things are key in being in harmony with life and I believe we need to learn to honor and appreciate ourselves too.
Stand boldly and vibrantly in the glorious expression of you! Don’t shrink, stand down or play small, instead revel in you. Find some ways to offer your gratitude to your self just for being you. Try it today and see what happens. Set a challenge to notice and appreciate at least ten wonders of the miracle of you. Bonus points if you find more than ten. Ready, set and go!
Little moments of joy call to us to pay attention to what it is that makes our heart smile. They ring with truth’s tone for the way they instantly restore us to our essential essence. As we experience them we are fully present in that moment.
Awareness of these tiny delights remind us that life is meant to be enjoyed while we are living it. They point the way to creating a life that uplifts and nurtures us.
They may be small, but they are powerful! When little moments of joy happen, notice them, pay close attention. Let them guide you and see what happens. Report back…
I offer Life Coaching services to assist you with: resilience, healthy relationships, boundaries, self-care, life design, awareness & use of personal wisdom, and goals specific to you.
Interested? The next step is to contact me to schedule a free Discovery Session. During the Discovery Session we will talk about your goals, dreams and ideas for your life. I will explain how the process of coaching works and my approach. Together we will determine our fit and go forward from there.
Use this link to contact me: https://shellyoconnell.com/contact/ I invite you to also visit my Facebook business page at: https://www.facebook.com/coachingbyshelly/ To contact me there click on the “send message” tab at the top of page and I will respond.
Looking forward to speaking to you!
“Coaching concentrates on where clients are now and what they are willing to do to get where they want to be in the future.” – Source: International Coach Federation (www.coachfederation.org)