Complimentary Coaching Session for a limited time! What do you want to bring forth in 2019? When you envision your future what do you see? In coaching you get an opportunity to give voice to your dreams, craft your goals, determine what you need to make them happen and take action toward them.
To get you started I am offering you a complimentary coaching session. Use either of the links below to contact me to schedule your free coaching session. Act quickly because this offer expires on January 5, 2019. https://shellyoconnell.com/contact/ https://www.facebook.com/coachingbyshelly/
Clarity comes with a bird’s-eye view,
Here our minds are cleared of cobwebs too.
Freedom soars on eagles wings,
Recall anew the hope this brings.
Traveling through this sacred flight,
We gain the restoration of our sight.
Above it all we will rise,
Led by that which is truly wise.
Now lift your brooms into the sky,
Come my friends, its time to fly!
Within each of us lies a mighty lion who is fierce and has unwavering strength. This is the aspect inside of us that knows what is right for us. It is the one that stands and fights for us. Equally it holds our ground against any threat. We call upon this inner lion whenever we move toward our desires.
At times we may not recognize the innate confidence that we hold. Our lion may be sleeping or caged. Not to worry because it is possible to awaken it and set it free.
Calling forth confidence or your inner lion is a process of tuning into what you want. Not what anyone else wants. Not what you think you should be doing. In fact, not any measure other than your own.
During this process there will be things that you let go. That’s okay because you are making room for what you really want.
Once you’ve tuned in to what you want you can begin to make a plan to support you and your goals. Small, realistic, achievable steps bring those goals into reality. Yes, there will be some false starts and errors made along the way but there will be successes too. It is all a part of learning to call forth your confidence.
Your lion is waiting.
Past trauma can be triggered by different things. If yours is showing up or you are feeling overwhelmed here are some self-care tips to employ.
- Emotions are normal. It’s okay to feel and express your emotions. It may be that they are an appropriate response to an inappropriate situation. Let them out in ways that are not harmful to you or others. Crying, screaming, drumming, pounding your pillow, dancing while stomping your feet are great ways to let some of that emotion out. Once emotions are allowed to be expressed we may feel a bit better. The release and expression of emotions are needed and healthy.
- Pause, breathe and check with your self about what you need. Do you need rest, food, water, to be unplugged for a while, time in nature, exercise, spiritual nourishment? What? When you recognize what you need in the moment, do it. Don’t put it off, take time to do whatever your self has told you it needs.
- If you feel like this is trauma that needs to be heard; talk to someone like a trusted friend, self-help hotline or professional. If you are not ready to talk about it and you don’t have to talk about it unless you want to, you could write it down and then tear it up. Sometimes buried or suppressed trauma needs these things but only when you feel you are ready.
- Be kind and gentle with yourself. Recognize that your emotions and reactions may be sensitive and you may be more reactive than usual. That is normal when emotions and trauma have been repressed and are now triggered. Don’t be too hard on yourself and know this will pass as you express the emotions and care for yourself.
- Speak up. Let others in your life know that you are sensitive. You do not have to explain any further than that unless you want to do so. Say what you need and don’t.
- Retreat. If you need time alone, take it. Doing what is right for you includes time to be on your own if that is what you want.
- Honor what is right for you at this moment. It may change with each expression of emotion or trigger of past trauma. Go with what you need now.
- You are not alone. There are people who love you and people who understand that past trauma can be triggered. Reach out if you need help with what is happening and with what you are feeling.
- Recognize that you are so much more that the past traumatic event. You have many tools and resources both within you and at your command to assist you now.
- Notice one small thing to pull you into the present moment. The wonder and beauty of nature are great tools to use here. Being in the present moment is helpful in remembering that the traumatic memory is in the past.
I hold you in love and compassion as you express care for your self. – Shelly
Knowing what nurtures, supports and fulfills you is a part of having wisdom. Awareness of what drains, constrains and diminishes you is another factor of wisdom. Designing your days to uplift what enriches you while shedding what keeps you small is how you begin to claim your wisdom.
Start to notice little moments and actions that support you and those that don’t. Commit to this awareness for a week. Take notes. Then you can plan your day to include more of what fills you in good ways and eliminate or change what empties or depletes you. Trust your self.
Think of harvest as a metaphor for your life. Now it the time that we harvest the work we have done in our lives. It is also the time to plant the seeds for what we want to grow and bring to harvest this time next year.
Look around you now and see what you are gathering in to you. Is it bountiful, ripe and luscious? Does it nourish you? Will your harvest carry you through the lean times?
We can gather all manner of good, delicious and fulfilling things to us. It is all a matter of the steps we take in deciding what to plant, how to feed or fuel its growth and how much we weed out while caring for those things we have sown.
I invite you to take some time to consider both this year’s harvest within your own life and to give thought to what you want to bring forth for next year at this time. It is our conscious intentions and actions that bring us bounty.